We at Wele Waters, LLC. (“Wele Waters,” “we,” “our,” “us,” the “Company”), including all activities related to our Wele Waters brand, are committed to respecting your privacy and the security of your personal information.
We want you to be clear on how we care about how your personal
information is used and shared, as well as the ways in which you can
- the types of information we collect;
- how we use that information;
- the choices we offer, including how to access and update your information; and
- the steps we take to keep your personal information safe.
changes on the Sites. If the changes are significant, then we will
provide a more prominent notice, which will be posted on this Site
prior to the changes becoming effective. Each time a user accesses the
1. Information We Collect
(A) Information you provide us
you create an account; place an order or make a return; inquire about
our services; request emails from us about our offerings; provide us
with marketing preferences; receive a gift from someone else who
purchases through our Sites; follow us or submit information, including
photographs, via third-party social media platforms (e.g., Facebook,
Twitter, Google+, etc.); enter a contest or participate in a marketing
survey; and submit other information to us directly or through
third-party services, you are asked to provide personally identifiable
information that uniquely identifies you.
- We collect the
following types of personally identifiable information: your contact
information (such as name, postal or email address, or phone number),
username and password, payment information such as PayPal or credit card
details, shipping information (including the shipping address and phone
number), purchase history at our Sites, shopping preferences,
demographic information, information you provide by interacting with us
through social media, and photographs that you submit on our Sites.
that any personal information that you post voluntarily now or in the
future through the Sites or on an area of a social network monitored by
us (e.g., our Facebook page) may be visible to others and collected by
(B) Information we automatically collect.
When you visit one of our Sites, we automatically collect the following
types of information, some of which is anonymous: information about the
devices you use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the
device, browser, and operating system type), URLs that refer you to our
Sites and the dates and times of your visits, information on your
shopping behavior on our Sites (e.g., page views, paths you take through
our Sites, etc.), general geographic location information (e.g.,
country or city) that shows where you are when browsing our Sites,
search terms that you enter to reach our Sites or enter on our Sites to
find products, and the fact that you opened one of our emails. We
utilize analytics services to help us track the efficacy of our Sites
and help us learn more about our visitors’ shopping behavior.
- Social Media Features:
Our Sites include social media features, such as the Facebook “Like”
button and widgets, the “share this” widget, or interactive
mini-programs that run on our site. These features may collect your IP
address, which page you are visiting on our Site, and may set a cookie
to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and
widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our
Sites. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy
statement of the company providing it.
We automatically collect aggregate anonymous information through
cookies. Cookies are small text files stored by your Web browser on your
computer, phone, tablet, or other device used to browse our Sites.
Cookies allow us to identify and authenticate visitors, track aggregate
behavior, and enable important site features. We use both session ID
cookies and persistent cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you
close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for
an extended period of time. The persistent cookie maintains your login
information so that your cart and login remain available when you return
to the site. Session cookies are used to maintain your shopping state
the integrity of video statistics, prevent fraud and to improve the site
experience, among other things. We also contract with analytics
services and third-party advertising companies to collect similar
not covered by this Policy. Though you may disable cookies through your
web browser, doing so may prevent you from taking advantage of some of
the Sites’ features. To opt out of these collection services, please see
section “Your Choices” below. We sometimes embed videos from YouTube
channels using YouTube’s share/embed code feature. YouTube uses Flash
cookies, which store pieces of data on users’ computers related to
playing Adobe Flash video. Various browsers may offer their own
management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs.
- Web Beacons/Tags:
We automatically collect aggregate anonymous information through web
beacons. We may also deliver a file to you through the Sites (known as a
“web beacon”) from an advertising network with which we have
contracted. Web beacons allow advertising networks to provide
anonymized, aggregated auditing, research and reporting for us and for
- Log Files: As is true of most web
sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log
files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses,
browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages,
operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may
combine this automatically collected log information with other
information we collect about you. We do this for troubleshooting and
- Targeted Advertising:
Third-party advertising companies serve ads on our behalf across the
Internet. They may collect anonymous information about you through
cookies and/or web beacons on our Sites and other sites, and then
display targeted ads on various sites that you visit. To opt out of
third-party advertising or analytics, please see section “Your Choices”
2. How We Use Information
We want to provide
you with the best shopping experience on our Sites and in all channels
that we manage (e.g., social media sites). We may use the information we
collect in the following manner, including without limitation, to:
- register and manage your account;
- process and track your order;
- provide status updates on your order;
- provide customer service when you need help;
- improve customer service and/or merchandise selection;
- provide products and services that you request;
- provide information concerning product recalls or products you have purchased;
- identify preferences that you provide to us;
- communicate with you about our products and services;
- send you email updates, promotions, surveys, and direct mailings;
- manage your participation in events and sweepstakes;
- customize our Sites or our communications with you;
- share your Wish List with those whose email addresses you provide for the sole purpose of completing your request;
- track the efficacy of our Sites and help us learn more about our visitors’ shopping behavior;
you to communicate with us through social networks or other interactive
media; publish testimonials or customer action photos;
- analyze our marketing strategies and trends regarding your use of our Sites or social media channels as well as your purchases;
- protect against fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities; manage exposure to risk from unauthorized users;
- understand our customers’ aggregate shopping behavior;
- improve our Site experience;
- improve the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns;
- comply with applicable legal mandates, our policies, or industry standards.
3. How We Share Information
do not rent or sell personally identifiable information to others. We
may share information we collect with our business partners, advertising
companies, and other third parties for the purposes described in this
Policy. We occasionally make our mailing list (names and physical
address only) and general shopping activity available to reputable third
parties who follow the Direct Marketing Association’s privacy standards
for the purpose of sending their own direct mail to you. We do not
share email addresses with third parties for the purpose of sending
their own emails to you. To opt-out see “Your Choices” below.
contract with other companies to provide certain services, such as email
distribution; shipping; name and address verification; market research;
third-party advertising; and payment processing. These service
providers are not authorized to use or disclose the information except
as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal
In the event of a sale of some or all of our
business or assets, or a merger with another business, or bankruptcy, we
would share the pertinent customer information (which may include your
personal information) with the other business entity (or entities)
involved in the transaction by notifying you via email and/or a
prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of
your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding
your personal information.
We may disclose specific information
upon governmental request, in response to a court order, or when
required by law to do so. We may also share information with companies
assisting in fraud protection or investigation. We do not provide
information to these agencies or companies for marketing or commercial
In the event we become aware that the security of the
Sites has been compromised or users’ personally identifiable information
has been disclosed to unrelated third parties as a result of external
activity, including, but not limited to, security attacks or fraud, we
reserve the right to take reasonably appropriate measures, including,
but not limited to, investigation and reporting, as well as notification
to and cooperation with law enforcement authorities. In the event of a
data breach, we will make reasonable efforts to notify affected
individuals if we believe that there is a reasonable risk of harm to the
user as a result of the breach or if notice is otherwise required by
- Our Sites are not intended for use by anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to create an account or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or email address. No one under the age of 13 may provide any personal information to us, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at soak[at]welewaters[dot]com.
5. Information Security
work hard to protect us and our users from unauthorized access to or
unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of information we
hold. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, maintain data
accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information:
- We implement physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information that we collect;
- We use encryption when using the Internet to transfer or receive requested sensitive personally identifiable information. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at soak[at]welewaters[dot]com .
- We do not collect or store your credit card information. All of our payment processing is handled through PayPal or other third party sites, whereby we do not receive, store, or ever see your credit card number or other financial information; and
- We restrict access to personally identifiable information to our employees, contractors and agents on a need-to-know basis and who are bound by confidentiality agreements.
minimize the risk of having your account being compromised, we recommend
that you set up your account password using unique numbers, letters and
special characters. Do not disclose passwords to others. Please notify
us of any password compromises and change passwords periodically to
maintain account protection.
We will retain and use your
information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve
disputes, and enforce our agreements.
6. Your Choices
offer you choices about the information we collect, how we use and
disclose this information, and how we communicate with you.
- Email/Direct Mail: We will send correspondence relating to your order and registration in the email you utilize at checkout. We use an opt-in process to add you to our regular email newsletter, so you will not receive unsolicited email from us. You may opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by sending an email to soak[at]welewaters[dot]com or by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our emails. You will continue to receive service-related emails (e.g. order status).
- Targeted Advertising: If you do not want anonymous information about your activity on our Sites to be used for tailored advertising, please visit the opt-out page hosted by the Network Advertising Initiative and follow the instructions there.
- Cookies: You may disable cookies in your Web browser, but doing so will impact the usability of the Sites. We may also use technologies, such as our own cookies, to provide you with personalized online display advertising tailored to your interests.
- Analytics: You may opt-out of Google Analytics by following this link.
- Updating Your Profile: You may update or correct your personally identifiable information related to your account directly on the site or by contacting Customer Support at soak[at]welewaters[dot]com We will respond to any email request within 30 days.
- Contests: From time to time, we may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests or surveys on our site. If you participate, we will request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary, and you therefore have a choice about whether or not to disclose this information. We may use a third-party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests; in those cases, that company will be prohibited from using our users’ personally identifiable information for any other purpose. We will not share the personally identifiable information you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and choice.
Some of our pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to from
our partners while preserving the look and feel of our Site. Please be
aware that you are providing your personal information to these third
parties and not to one of our Sites.
8. Questions or Concerns